Announcing The Successfully Selected Writers and Stories for Twisted: Ghosts of Christmas

As ever, debate among the judges was heated, but we finally arrived at a list!

Please do leave a comment on this post, and if you are not on the list, keep going, it’s an insane job to judge art. We may also sneak some bonus stories into the eBook too!

I will be in touch soon about when to buy copies of the book so that we can co-ordinate getting on the Amazon Best Seller list.

OK.. the tension mounts… So drum roll please… The successful writers and stories are…

• Maxine Lennon and Persimmity Glue
  • Lawrence Morgan and Vincent Van Gogh's Ear
  • Josh Shevill and Antlers
  • Andrew Perry and The Gifts of Christmas Past
  • Kurt Fried and Today's Treat
  • Mark Walker and Isabella
  • Ricardo Bravo and Do You Believe in Santa?
  • Helen Bang and The Chorister
  • Claire Rye and Oh! Christmas Tree
  • Suzie Grogan and Life at Christmas
  • Gerry Driver and Santa Sleighed
  • Aaron Nash and The E.D.P
  • Rachael Howard and The Spirit of Yule
  • Gordon Slack and No Heart

Congratulations again, if this is your first time, it never gets old. Your name is on the cover of a book and your words inside it.

What happens next? Contracts will be sent today and will need urgent attention. You will keep all the rights, we just need the right to publish the story in the book. I will also ask you if you can write a blog post to help engage the community - the post will go no this site. And again, we will co-ordinate when to buy books so we can hit the best sellers list.

Thank you also to Mark, Emma, Elinor, Lawrence and Savannah for working around the clock to make this happen.

OUTSTANDING! Publishing date of the 16th December now loking very certain.

Chris Jones
www.Twisted50.com

PS - Please do join the Facebook page too at https://www.facebook.com/Twisted50Book

Write a comment

Comments: 18
  • #1

Michael van Koetsveld (Wednesday, 09 December 2020 13:07)

Congratulations to the selected authors!

To the rest, who still hit the insane deadline, submitted our best work and were not selected… chin up! Art is so subjective and I know that there will be stories that were not selected that would have given me the heeby-geebys. At least you did submit, were in the mix and have a story that you can do other things with.

Did you enjoy writing horror?

Why not write more and make your own anthology?

I'm looking forward to reading the stories that did make it, but not in my Santa voice!

Ho, ho, ho!

• #2

Mistress Twisted (Wednesday, 09 December 2020 13:11)

Thankyou Satan... Sorry, Santa!

• #3

James Jay (Wednesday, 09 December 2020 13:19)

Yes congratulations to everyone who was twisted enough to have a go in just a week or so, I imagine it's tough enough for full-time writers never mind those who have a full time jobs that don't involve writing, though maybe writing horror is a release from work or even based on it! Go forward and be horrible!

• #4

Maxine Lennon (Wednesday, 09 December 2020 13:27)

Congratulations to everyone!

• #5

Mistress Twisted (Wednesday, 09 December 2020 13:29)

Thank you James and Maxine... you delightfully demented souls!
    Mwah!

• #6

Aaron (Wednesday, 09 December 2020 13:56)

Congratulations to everyone. Looking forward to reading everyone's stories

• #7

Kurt Fried (Wednesday, 09 December 2020 14:10)

Thank you so much for selecting my work. Congratulations to everyone!

• #8

Harriet Barbir (Wednesday, 09 December 2020 14:14)

Congrats to all those selected. Mine didn't make it but it was a great writing prompt and I think I'm going to use it as the beginning of a longer story, perhaps script. Well done, all!

• #9

Fiona Faith Ross (Wednesday, 09 December 2020 14:34)

I'm so thrilled to have a story selected. It's the first time the stars have aligned for me to write something and make the deadline. The cover design looks great and the series has fabulous branding. Many thanks to the editorial team for their support and hard work. As Harriet says (above), often our best work comes out of these writing prompts. Commiserations to those who didn't make it this time, but so often these things are a numbers game and you should keep trying. Happy spooky Christmas, everyone.

• #10

Claire Rye (Wednesday, 09 December 2020 16:03)

Sensational work from all involved. The Twisted50 family is an inspirational, talented and beautifully demented lot ... And I wouldn't want it any other way �

• #11

Pearl Hewitt (Wednesday, 09 December 2020 17:42)

Congratulations to all those selected. Especially my friend Maxine! I’ve been telling her for years she’s got a superb imagination! I’m so delighted she’s been selected. Looking foreword to reading the whole book!

• #12

Rose Banks (Wednesday, 09 December 2020 18:12)

Thrilled, too, to be included! Congrats to all other contributors! Am looking forward very much to reading your stories. Plus, I have never written anything so fast in my life. I felt as if I had already won, simply by beating the deadline. A great, confidence-boosting experience - I'd try again, for another Twisted, would definitely recommend this crazy-deadline rollercoaster ride to anyone.

• #13

Emma Pullar (Wednesday, 09 December 2020 20:03)

Well done to all those selected. I loved being part of the judging panel. I enjoyed all of your stories and I can honeslty say each of us had different favourites. Judges had to enter under fake names, and I put 'gold star' next to Lawrence's story. He must have chuckled seeing that. The high quality and original concepts that came through were a joy to read. And we have all helped support the LSF. With many creative industries under pressure, it's lovely to see this community pulling together and sharing a love of storytelling. Thank you again for entering.

A final thought for those who didn't get selected this time. My entery for Twisted50 Vol1 was rejected. I rewrote it and entered it into another comp. It won a place. What came next was the start of my writing career. My story 'Awake' was adapted from a rejected script. Even now, as a professional writer, I still get rejected. It's part of the job. Rejection can be a blessing in disguise.

• #14

Misress Twisted (Wednesday, 09 December 2020 21:53)

Such wonderful words! And to echo @Emma, it's impossible to judge art, we just do our best to select what resonates most with us. Do not be discouraged, or I will be round... and you SHOULD be afraid of that! Mwahhhhhh!

• #15

Suzie Grogan (Thursday, 10 December 2020 12:14)

Thrilled to be included, thank you!! I write non-fiction as a rule so it is wonderful to be among writers with a similarly twisted imagination...

• #16

Mark Porter (Thursday, 10 December 2020 17:31)

Congratulations to all those selected, I am sure they will all lead to a harrowing Christmas read!
    Sadly, I didn't get through, but there is always next time. It was fun exercise and would recommend it to anyone.
    Congrats again to all those authors, what a lovely Christmas present for yourselves!
    All the best for Christmas and those sleepless nights to come from your works!

• #17

Mark Renshaw (Friday, 11 December 2020 11:57)

My entry wasn't selected, but I have over 50 court cases waiting to be heard by the Galactic Supreme Court to overturn this travesty of justice!

In the meantime, I'd like to congratulate all this who where selected and I hope the anthology hits the top spot on Amazon and delivers you all the best Christmas gift ever.

• #18

Aaron (Friday, 11 December 2020 15:15)

Hopefully there will be a paper copy released. Would make a great Christmas gift :)